24th May to 2nd June
2018 Arts Festival
About Ashby Arts Festival
Every summer Ashby de la Zouch hosts an Arts Festival which features local artists, musicians, song writers, poets, performers and story tellers. The festival links amateurs and professionals, the commercial and the public sectors together through public displays of drama performances, street theatre, music, poetry, workshops, arts and photography competition. Many locations around the town host exhibitions, musical performances, workshops and talks. We have events aimed at all ages and all abilities so we are sure you will find something in our programme to interest you. Come along and get involved!
Ashby Arts festival is famous for its giant outdoor gallery! Each year many businesses around the town centre display huge paintings done by local professional and amateur artists. With a huge range of styles and images this is accessible “Street Art” for all!
At the heart of the festival are our annual Art and Photography Exhibitions, giving professionals and amateurs alike the opportunity to display and sell their work in our Festival Galleries and compete for one of our annual prizes.
Ashby Arts Festival is a voluntary, non-profit-making community organisation that is funded through sponsorship from local businesses, grants, donations and monies raised during each year’s Festival events.
Our aims are to:
- Promote all art forms in and around Ashby de la Zouch for the benefit of the town, district, arts professionals, amateur groups and individuals through organising an annual festival.
- Provide a meaningful, educational and enjoyable festival for the benefit of the people of Ashby de la Zouch and the surrounding area.
- Create a platform of opportunity to help arts professionals run sustainable and viable businesses.
- Promote the Festival to a wider area to help increase tourism and revenue to the town and district.
- Involve and engage as many groups and individuals as possible.
- Bring works of high merit to the town to include, visual arts, drama, music and literature.
- Commission new works, musical, literary or visual to celebrate the town, its history and its culture, using wherever possible local arts practitioners.
If you are interested in sponsoring an event or volunteering some time to helping run the festival please contact us.